Root Canal Therapy
Effective Root Canal Therapy at Collins Dental House – Relieving Pain and Preserving Your Smile
Welcome to Collins Dental House, where we offer highly effective root canal therapy to save infected teeth from extraction and provide lasting relief from dental pain. Our skilled team of dentists is committed to delivering gentle and precise root canal treatments, ensuring that you can maintain your natural smile and enjoy optimal oral health.
Why Choose Collins Dental House for Root Canal Therapy?
1. Expert Dentists: Our dental team includes experienced practitioners who specialise in root canal treatments. With their extensive knowledge and expertise, you can trust that your root canal procedure is in capable hands.
2. Advanced Technology: At Collins Dental House, we invest in state-of-the-art technology to aid in accurate diagnoses and treatment planning for optimal outcomes.
3. Patient Comfort: We understand that root canal therapy can be intimidating. Our compassionate approach and the use of local anesthesia (or even complete sedation if you prefer) ensure a comfortable and pain-free experience.
4. Preserving Natural Teeth: Our primary goal is to preserve your natural teeth whenever possible. Root canal therapy allows us to save infected teeth from extraction, preserving the integrity of your smile.
5. Comprehensive Aftercare: After your root canal treatment, we provide thorough aftercare instructions to ensure a smooth recovery and long-lasting results.
Understanding Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is a dental procedure aimed at treating infections that develop within the pulp of a tooth. The pulp, which contains nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue, can become infected due to deep decay, cracks in the tooth, or traumatic injuries.
During the root canal procedure at Collins Dental House, your Dentist will:
1. Thoroughly Examine Your Tooth: We will conduct a comprehensive examination, including X-rays, to assess the extent of the infection and identify the affected tooth’s root canal system.
2. Provide Local Anesthesia: To ensure your comfort during the procedure, we administer local anesthesia to numb the area around the infected tooth. As mentioned, we also offer other sedation options if you prefer.
3. Remove Infected Pulp: Our endodontist will create a small access point in the tooth to remove the infected pulp and thoroughly clean the root canal system.
4. Disinfect and Shape the Canals: The root canals are carefully disinfected to eliminate bacteria. They are then shaped to prepare for the filling material.
5. Filling and Sealing: Once the canals are cleaned and shaped, they are filled with a biocompatible material and sealed to prevent reinfection.
6. Restoration: After root canal therapy, the treated tooth may be more brittle. To protect and strengthen it, we may recommend placing a dental crown to restore its full function and appearance.
Signs You May Need Root Canal Therapy
- Persistent Toothache: Intense and prolonged tooth pain, especially when chewing or applying pressure, may indicate the need for root canal treatment.
- Sensitivity to Hot and Cold: Heightened sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures, even after the source is removed, might be a sign of infected pulp.
- Swelling and Tenderness: Swelling, tenderness, or a pimple-like bump on the gum near the affected tooth can indicate infection.
- Discolored Tooth: A tooth that appears darkened or discoloured may be indicative of pulp damage.
Preserve Your Smile with Collins Dental House
If you experience any of the signs of a dental infection or suspect you may need root canal therapy, don’t delay seeking treatment. At Collins Dental House, our dentists are dedicated to providing reliable and compassionate root canal treatments to save your smile. Schedule a consultation with us today, and let us restore your dental health and alleviate any discomfort, allowing you to enjoy a pain-free and healthy smile for years to come.